You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise: you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely…For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:1-3,13,16

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sewing Trip

One thing I haven't talked much about is sewing and monogramming.  I got a machine for my birthday this last year and I have really enjoyed making all kinds of things with it.  At first I did a lot of monogramming for all of my friends that were having babies over the summer and fall, but my biggest projects have been making quilts. I did several for baby gifts this year and I am getting better at it.  Neil and I have plans to meet our friends, Tony and Alicia, in Murphreesboro for some fishing and sewing. Last year at this time Alicia was pregnant and we made her a baby quilt. This year we will make a quilt for me but I am not really going to make it a baby quilt, I just chose a lot of bright materials and (of course) some animal print for the backing. I am super excited because we will have a great time sewing, but also Olivia, Alicia's little girl, will be there! Should be interesting how much sewing we can accomplish with a 6 1/2 month old helping!  Alicia managed to give birth to Olivia on my birthday so I feel like we have an extra-special connection.  Not to mention Alicia is one of my serious prayer warriors and we are so good at getting into trouble together.  I miss her a lot and talking on the phone just doesn't cut it. So that will be a good time and almost can't wait.  I am going to add some pics of our last trip and then I can put some of round two afterward!

Eating marshmallows.  I can't go into the wilderness without s'mores!



Me and my girl, Alicia! Yes it gets confusing--even our husbands get tongue-tied!


Our fabulous first quilt! I have heard that Livi is not allowed to use it yet!

 Me and Hubby--and my burned marshmallow---just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment