You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise: you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely…For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:1-3,13,16

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Birthday weekend

First, an official update I have 9 weeks…that's only 63 days left until due date!!!! I can't believe it! except that I feel enormous! or E-nor-moose-like it says on the game at cracker barrel! HaHa..It has been super hot here--heat index around 114-119 the last couple days, which is making me retain a little water so I am trying to slow down a little at work and put my feet up and make sure I drink plenty of water. Pregnancy is so cool--I am feeling Eli a lot more as he moves and kicks my ribs and stretches in the tiny space that is his home right now.  I am so ready to see his precious little face and hold him, I can hardly wait!  Next week at  my doctor appointment we will get to have our last ultrasound and a sneak peek at his little face and how he is positioned!

This weekend we had a really fun experience for my birthday. We took a trip to Memphis for a special babymoon (another one!), but really so we could celebrate our god-son's birthday with our special friends, the Shumates! It was a blast to spend some special time with good friends.  Friday was a tough day at work so I was really tired (and so was Neil) by the time we made it to Memphis.  There was a lot going on in Memphis--so much that we could barely find a place to park to give the car over to the valet. Neil let me out by the door so I could go and check in and he waited with the car.  I am not sure if I just looked really tired or super pregnant or both and the person checking me in was so nice.  I asked what all was happening in the hotel and at the Fed-Ex Forum and as we talked the man said, "Well don't worry, you won't hear any of this commotion. I am going to put you on the top floor in our Presidential Suite." Of course I said thank you so much and we made some small talk about my pregnancy and his little boy and he showed me some pictures on his phone of his little cutie.  When Neil came in he jokingly asked if I had gotten an upgrade because we had talked about me just wanting to take a jacuzzi bath when we arrived, and I said, "yep, we are in the Presidential Suite." of course he didn't believe me until we got to the room…the most amazing hotel "room" I have ever stayed in.  Seriously, picture the suite that the movie star or rock stars stay in on tv.  It had a large living and dining room with a dining room table.  In the living room there was a flat screen with surround sound and a DVD player and a bathroom in the hallway. There are windows that are floor to ceiling in both the living/dining room and in the bedroom.  The bedroom is large with a king bed and a sitting area, a desk and flat screen tv. THEN the bathroom! oh the bathroom! There was a walk-in closet, a double vanity, a HUGE jacuzzi tub with candles around the edge, a GIANT walk-in shower--with a bench you could lay on and several shower heads and a second bathroom toilet area.  That suite was as large as some homes!---The views from our room were of Bealle street and the Fed-Ex Forum, million dollar views,  and we are pretty sure that that suite would have cost somewhere between $500-$1000 dollars depending on the night.  I am sure that it isn't open on a night the Grizzlies are in town playing.  We got super lucky and what a special treat on my birthday.  Neil had actually booked our original room using points we had accrued on previous stays and so after we rented a move, charged a couple of power-aides and cokes to the room, and valeted the car---the weekend stay cost $53…can you imagine!  God really blessed us with a special and memorable time and a romantic weekend before our baby is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment