You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise: you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely…For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:1-3,13,16

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

35 weeks

I have 35 days left until my due date, however it looks like we will be scheduling that C-section sooner.  I have a tentative date for September 26 if nothing changes.  As of today, baby Eli had swapped sides and managed to bring his other leg up into "frank breech" position, with his little booty straight down. 

I am getting bigger and less flexible each day.  I still feel great, with less energy than usual but that nesting instinct is in overdrive!!! I am mostly frustrated by the things I am unable to do alone. I am not used to needing help to move the couch or bathe the dogs and that is frustrating.

A few new confessions about the joys of pregnancy for you...I have developed a ton of little skin tags (basically a tiny wart no one else can really see them) mostly in places where my clothes rub, like around my bra lines, but they get on my nerves. Good news is I guess they are common (with all the growth hormones) and they go away afterward.  The other really awesome thing is that since I have a large basketball with me at all times I now get to have not only armpit-stains from sweating so much but I get a nice sweat line under by boobs and under my belly---very attractive---this heat is crazy! I love Louisiana but seriously, how many 107 degree days can we have in one summer?

Still really thankful to be where I am. Really thankful for a healthy, growing baby. Thankful for a great doctor and a great husband, mom, family, friends, and to have a job and a home to bring my baby back to.  I will never forget the desperation of wanting a baby and to know what it is like to have that baby growing inside me.  God has truly blessed me and this miracle of life is one I will never take for granted. I cherish every day and every irritation, every movement and every trip to the bathroom. It is amazing and I pray daily for those I know who want children and are unable---there will forever be a place in my heart for the infertile and BLM.

No comments:

Post a Comment