You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise: you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely…For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:1-3,13,16

Monday, August 29, 2011

BiGFOOT

My feet are fat! So fat that I can not wear shoes except I can barely fit in my tennis shoes and some flip-flops.  I know why…It's swelling and some flattening out due to weight gain, but now I wonder.."Will my 7 1/2s still fit after the big day?"  Will all of my cute boots and heels fit when I am skinny again (and I will be skinny again!) Here's hoping!

I have had some really productive days lately. I have several projects going at home. Some wreaths for football season that Lucy helped me search high and low for parts for yesterday, a mod-podge top for Eli's closet chest (can't wait to show that off), learned to applique' with my machine (finally) this weekend, and made some really cute taggies too.  I plan to post pics here later, but I don't want to spoil the gifts for some people I haven't delivered to yet. Presents are in the mail!!!! so I will post pics later this week of all of the projects.

On the baby front…He is still breech and getting pretty heavy!!! 5 weeks to go and I have another appointment tomorrow. My first check of the cervix (yay!) I can't wait to comment on that for you tomorrow. Eli is so big now that I feel him all the time and I love that.  He wiggles his foot which is right down on my bladder and his head which is up under/over my rib cage.  I know that when he is born I will miss feeling his little movements constantly.  If he remains breech we will be scheduling a C-section (or sea-section as a patient commented on their health history-HA) that will mean two things that make me happy 1. No episiotomy (I know it is a much bigger deal to have abdominal surgery but somehow I feel like I can recover from that--crazy huh--I am a mental case I know) 2. We can schedule it!!! Hubby's parents can come into town ahead of time and be here for the birth and no water breaking or waiting game.  Somehow with a C-section the unknown becomes a little more comfortable--and do-able--even though it is not the "normal" way--lots of people have them and everything is fine.  So I won't care either way we go but I am looking forward to having a plan and getting more knowledge tomorrow about that plan.

Tomorrow I am having some preggo pics taken by a photographer whose work I have admired for a while---can't wait! It's gonna be an early morning shoot to try to stay out of the heat so prayers for no rain (considering we have been in a drought-picture day for rain would be about right!) Can't wait to show you some of those images too!!!

1 comment:

  1. C-sections are really not that bad! Much better than laboring forever, then having one!! You were in great shape before, so you'll bounce back quick like I did. They wouldn't let me even walk for four weeks--enjoy that b/c you really need that time to heal!! I am gonna message you my one bit of advice ;) So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete