You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise: you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely…For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:1-3,13,16

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Dinner Station

Saturday I went for my trip to The Dinner Station.  It seems like it would be a chore to prepare lots of meals ahead of time, but it's really fun. My mom came with me and helped to prepare since I signed up for so many meals. Also since I have been having some wacky food aversions, I didn't know if I would be able to touch all of the ingredients (meat is especially giving me trouble).  Everything went wonderfully and the staff is so nice.  This time I took pictures so you could see what it looks like inside and how it works. If you decide to go there are different sizes of meals you can prepare and different size packages you can buy. You can choose to make as many or few dinners as you wish, order sides that are pre-prepared, and even get desserts and rolls or bread too.  If you mention that I referred you, you will get both of us a reward--you get to choose a dessert or some sides they might offer you--just for telling them that I recommended you go! It's is a really good deal price-wise and very convenient for easy home-cooked meals.  The first time they give you an orientation so it takes a little longer but every other visit you go in and do your own thing so you could be in-and-out or you can take your time.  I personally think it would be a cute idea for a date--or for you to bring an older child and do it together.

This is what the ingredients look like when you arrive at the work station. The two bowls on the outside are our prep bowls. You do all your mixing in a bowl and then transfer into a baggie with your ingredients.
I am about to put the baggie I am holding into the clear container. Then I will fill that up with all my goodies as the instructions say. Each ingredient has two size measuring spoons in it: one for half-size portions and one for full-size. This makes it easy to go quickly down the recipe.


I am not sure what I am doing here-still at the same station with a large spoon full of rice. Another nice thing--with every recipe that involves rice pilaf they provide brown rice or white rice.

This is the finished product of this recipe.  They asked me not to show all of the recipe ingredients, but I don't think you could reconstruct this without some pretty impressive software-so here is how it looks when you get done. You can't really read the labels but I am holding up a package for a meal of pork tenderloin.  Each little piece of paper in the bag has the specific instructions for that part of the meal.  There is a marinade for the meat and the rice pilaf to serve along with it.  All of the smaller parts along with the stick-on instructions are contained in one gallon freezer bag. All of the meals can be frozen and then thawed together. Most take a very short time to prepare at home. Every other meal I made was a casserole-for those it's all in one container and you pop in the oven-no prep time at all.


This is the dessert station. Already had all the ingredients. I made a chocolate chip cookie pie--YUMMY!  I am thinking about cooking this tonight when I get home.
It's tough to see what's happening here. The lady in the red apron works at The Dinner Station. She is boxing up all of my meals for me.  When you finish your prep--they load up all your stuff and cart it out to your car for you!  She just got done asking me what prizes I want for signing up for my next visit and for inviting a guest to come with me! You also get prizes for everyone if you bring a group of more than six people at once! (don't forget you have to sign up in advance)


This is me (I don't look very happy for some reason?) signing up for next time-filling out what entrees I want and the other list shows what is available for the month and what all of the ingredients and calorie counts are-in case you are watching that.

I hope that information encourages you to try something new and easy and fun! Tell them I sent you and GOOD LUCK! Below is the link for the website if you are curious.
www.thedinnerstation.com

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I need to go check it out. Rob was so appreciative that you did that for his family. :)

    ReplyDelete