You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise: you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely…For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:1-3,13,16

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Third Trimester

I am so happy and relieved to say that I have made it to the BIG 3….third trimester. It feels good. We are in the double digits of days left until due date!  I suddenly feel huge and baby Eli is kicking up a storm now.
Last week I had another doctor's appointment and my stomach is measuring just right, my weight gain is right on ( I was pretty close with my guess-a total of 14 lbs.) and that little heart is beating away. He kicked the doppler probe several times while she tried to check it…just really swimming around in there! One piece of bad news is that I failed my initial glucose screening so I have to go back this week for round 2--the three hour tour (set to Gilligan's Island theme song tune).  It is not going to be a fun time but I just plan on going and relaxing, reading, and making the most of it.  I really don't want to find out that I have it because it will mean I am high risk and might have to deliver early, not to mention diet restrictions and what it means for me later in life (a higher chance of having type II DM) and what goes along with that.  If you think about it say a little prayer for us on Friday, that's when I think I will be able to retake it, and our results.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Eli is doing well and praying you pass the 3 hour tour! :)

    ReplyDelete