You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise: you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely…For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:1-3,13,16

Wednesday, December 7, 2011


I can't believe it's already December!  Eli is officially 10 WEEKS old! First I will tell you about his 2 mo visit to the doctor. He actually went at 9 weeks of age.  He cried with his shots of course but then he was so good.  He just wanted to sleep that night.  In addition to 2 shots in one leg and 1 in the other leg, he also got a painful procedure on his little penis! Yikes.  It's fine now but I just felt so sorry for him with all that torture!  We also talked to her about the gas situation.  She gave us something to try…something I would consider worse than gas…but anyway when he is having bad gas we are supposed to stimulate his little bottom to try to help him go.  It has seemed to help a little but also in general he seems to be better.  I think that since it has been a full 3 weeks now that I have been lactose free all of the milk is out of my system and out of his and that may be helping too.  There is an option to put him on a prescription medicine but the doctor recommended using that as a last resort.  It is used as for stomach cramping in adults so I assume a muscle relaxer.  So as long as he is making progress we won't pursue the rx. I am hoping that like most babies, by four months he will be much better and able to go more smoothly.  He weighed 11 lbs 1 oz (25-50%) and was 24 inches long (50%).

Yesterday was the next big event since he arrived. I had to start back to work.  I am fortunate though, only part-time.  It was very difficult to leave but once I got there I was able to work.  I was happy to return home and I missed having him close to me!  I was able to pump at work and so I will keep my milk supply up.  Eli did well with my mom keeping him.  She fed him two bottles and he ate them with no trouble.  Also he slept well and even took a nap in his bed.  She was nice enough to make us supper also! The worst part of the day was when I was getting ready for work and I kicked Eli's bouncy chair.  The room was dark and I banged into it.  He was in the bed sleeping so I had to be quiet but I fell down to the floor and rolled around for a little while.  I limped around work all day and joked with Neil that it hurt so badly that I couldn't think about missing Eli.  (I really did miss him) My toe is broken, it's the middle toe and it is black and blue but not as painful as it was yesterday.  I will be able to walk a little better tomorrow!

I will be working Tuesdays and Thursdays for December and then I plan to go to three days a week after that. I am hoping that I will be able to stay at 3.  Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment