You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise: you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely…For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:1-3,13,16

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Eli 6 weeks

Well, as predicted, I am posting much less than before. I'd say that considering all I have to do other than blogging and the fact that showering is a luxury right now that it is no surprise.  Eli and I were able to accompany my mom on a trip to Kansas for a long weekend.  This was his first out of town trip and he did incredible.  There were some issues with not wanting to go to bed on time the second night we were there and again tonight after sleeping all the way there and all the way home, but who could blame him.  I am always a little off after a trip too.  He also got to ride in the Moby all over Ikea, which was a blast for mom and Nana.  He got to meet lots of family that hadn't seen him yet.  He is still super gassy and after experimenting a little on my own, I decided to call and talk to a nurse today.  The verdict is continue with the anti-gas diet and also no lactose…Milocon prior to eating and see what happens.  I wouldn't care so much about the obnoxiously loud toots if he weren't also in pain with the gas and with a BM.  That will break your heart because there is so little you can do to help!.  We just recovered from a slight meltdown, let me tell you this little guy has a temper. Everyone is listing their things they are thankful for on facebook right now and I have to say mine tonight is the Moby wrap.  This thing is a miracle worker.  Little man cried off and on for an hour (thanks to me having caffeine plus time change plus recovering from the trip) finally after holding and nursing and rocking and a million times putting pacifier in and rocking the vibrating chair…I went and got the Moby and wrapped this peanut up.  I kid you not he was barely awake long enough for me to pee, change into pj pants and brush my teeth. (all of those things seem to be a luxury now).  The kid is unconscious now…I am just wondering how I am going to get him out and into his bed to sleep! It should be interesting to see what kinds of things we give in to just to make him happy. Never say never---I have learned that quickly! I was thinking the other day how life and your decision making process changes.  I never thought I'd have to make a choice between the risk of waking the sleeping baby vs. trying to hold in your pee overnight(can you say bladder infection?)  Also he makes the funniest faces and I just know he is going to have a hilarious personality!  He also got his first haircut tonight.  Just a trim over the ears but he has needed it since he was born.  Of course I saved the hair for his scrapbook! Another choice to make…get up to get the cord and load pics or wait and try to do it tomorrow.  See ya tomorrow friends!

1 comment:

  1. All things are luxuries, especially peeing and showering! It does get easier, but I've learned to --never say never-- as well! C loved her moby early on too, it is how I got dinner cooked, but she is too busy for it now and will NOT sit in it!!!

    ReplyDelete