You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise: you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely…For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:1-3,13,16

Monday, May 16, 2011

Thank you Amelia

Yes I said it….Thank you, thank you, thank you…I have been struggling mentally for about 8 weeks now over whether or not to buy some type of a pregnancy pillow and worrying about sleeping on my back and how it might hurt me or the baby.  I just kept going back and forth over whether the money was worth it or not and would I ever used the pillow again. Enter my friend, Amelia, who is also pregnant (with her second child) and her pregnancy pillow.  She had a pillow (I am not sure if you can call this thing a pillow but it sure is soft!) that she did not want to use again and wanted to clean out of her house so she asked me if I wanted it. That was all God because I can't tell you how this pillow has changed my life. I am not joking. I have slept better the last few nights than in a long time.  It's huge and it takes up a lot of the bed (Thank goodness we got a King sized bed for Christmas!) but it's SO wonderful and comfortable. Every way I move or turn or try to prop up is so comfy! THANKS AGAIN!

Side note: The nursery is taking great steps toward being done, however we had a major setback this weekend with painting. I won't go into too many details but I will say---Don't bother paying extra for Edge-lock brand tape if you are going to take something off because it will bleed…ugh! So we have a mess to fix but I am going to try another brand and I will let you know how that goes.  On the flip side, Lucy and I came up with a new invention that we think could make us millions, we just have to figure out how to make it. HA! I am sure someone already has invented it, but we think we are super-smart. I don't want to ruin the big reveal on the nursery so I will tell more details later!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE my pregnancy pillow and have had it since like 14 weeks, I may never part with it! Seriously, I also got a humidifier once my sinuses felt swollen and it has been awesome (along with some breathe right strips). I'm sorry for the painting disaster, my dad paints (his profession) and we swear by the blue masking tape, it works great and doesn't usually have any issues, but he also tears it off while the paint is still semi-wet, just as a tip, and I painted my nursery myself and had no problems!! So fun, can't wait to see pictures!! I just know I had to have all my stuff done early b/c I am so control freak and being tired now, I'm sooooo glad it's already done! Now it's just putting together gifts (cue Julie who put my BOB together for me--love her!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm pretty good with things that come with instruction manuals!! BTW, I'm NOT pregnant and I fully support the use of multiple pillows to be comfortable at night!

    ReplyDelete