You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise: you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely…For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:1-3,13,16

Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Latest

For anyone wondering about how the egg-dying went…It went no where. No eggs were dyed. I wasted my time hard-boiling 12 eggs and we didn't dye a single one. I persisted with asking for two + weeks and have now given up.  Yes, it would have been very nutritious for me to have eaten those eggs but I HATE plain eggs especially hard-boiled and I could not bring myself to even think about that possibility.
Currently this is all that the Easter Egg contest has produced….a package containing the kit : )
I told you Neil was afraid of the skills I have gained over the last year.
I have decided to move on to other projects. My mom and I are working hard on Eli's room now. I finally got Neil and my dad to move all of my spare-room furniture out of the room and have cleaned out all of my knick-knacks. Yesterday, we bought paint (which took forever thanks to the 95 year old man working behind the counter at Lowe's--I will never buy paint there again) and also bought my baby furniture. That was a lovely experience. I had already been to Baby World twice. Sid, the owner, is super-nice and gave me tons of info and pamphlets and let me take pictures. This time when we went back I was ready to buy. My sweet parents (MOM) paid for part of our furniture, which was so generous and even helped to load and unload it and my dad let us use his truck for transport! Lucy (my mom--not her real name but we like to call ourselves Lucy and Ethyl because of all the situations we get into together) even managed to drive it without any fender benders!! HA!

One of our two current Lifegroups(that is Sunday school for those of you that are old-school like me-we just don't meet on campus on Sunday anymore) meets on Wednesday night at our house. Last night we were fortunate to have my brother and my sister-in-law as guests! It was a great meeting and so nice to get to visit with other people who love Jesus on a regular basis! I got to show off my new T-shirt (thank you Amy Shumate) that I got on Mother's Day!

The shirt says "NEW MOM 2011"  LOVE IT! and check out that bump!
PS just a side not-the reason the pictures I post are so random in location and almost never in proportion or include random things like chairs and windows is because NEIL (hubby) is always the one who takes them and I literally have a split second to pose and only one, maybe two, chances to get it right. If I blink or do some kind of goober smile too bad.
So my little belly is growing but not much anywhere else yet, which is good. I have started to feel occasional movements, but they are always so fleeting and faint. Also they are few and far between so right when I think I feel something it's gone and doesn't return for a while. I have found that I really feel things most after I eat but not with any regularity so it's not like it will work every time. On another note, several sweet ladies have offered to put together a shower for me so that is in the works for late summer/early fall. I love parties and I love to throw parties, but I always have the worst time when I have to provide the guest list. I always feel like I am begging for a gift and I don't want to invite someone who wouldn't want to come, but I also don't want to leave anyone out.  It is typical me…I over-think everything!!!! So this go-round I have determined that I am going to invite everyone I can possibly think of because WHY NOT? I mean if they don't want to come they don't have to and if they do want to come then they won't be insulted that I didn't invite them (unless they live so far away- that there is no way they could come for a shower). Feel free to tell me what you think about that because like I said--where do you draw the line?

No comments:

Post a Comment