You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise: you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely…For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:1-3,13,16

Monday, May 2, 2011

Baby Brogden has a name

    Well it's official Baby Brogden is a BOY! We are so excited to see what life with a boy will be like.  I am thrilled to be able to buy things and look at room ideas and monogram and sew and I just can't hardly wait to get started!



    Neil took me for a special Babymoon trip this weekend to Dallas (we missed work on Friday) and stayed at a nice resort hotel, shopped, went to the spa and workout room, took long walks, and ate yummy food. Best of all we had no agenda and Neil patiently shopped with me for all things baby. He even got some new clothes for himself.
    One of my main goals for the 3 hour drive to and from Dallas was to pin Neil in one spot where he couldn't get away and talk about baby names.  It has been tearing me up that I couldn't call my baby by name and now that we know the sex I had to get going on the name!  After much thinking and debate, we are so happy to announce the name of our precious son!
Elijah "Eli" McKinnley Brogden
Elijah means Jehovah is God. Elijah was a prophet of the Old Testament in the Bible.
McKinnley is a family name from Neil's side, a great great grandfather. After looking at the family tree, we decided we liked the sound of it.
We plan to call him "Eli" for short.
    So let the sewing begin! This weekend I got some cute layettes for baby Eli and can't wait to see his tiny little self wear them! As I said we did lots of shopping but we also did a lot of eating and here are some pictures of some of the food and our hotel room.




A yummy filet wrap and fruit at an awesome bakery we found called The Bread Winner's Cafe

My choice at the same restaurant: Salad/ Sandwich combo with Grown-up Grilled Cheese ( 3 kinds of cheese, tomato, and spinach) and an Asian Salad (oranges, lettuce, peanut sauce marinated chicken slices, asian dressing and wontons on top) YUMMY!


Some of the selections in the bakery. Who could choose just one?

I think the name says it all "Fudge Brownies"  Yes those are icing kisses on top !!!!

Can I just say how awesome this place was?!!!! EVERYTHING was made fresh there, right down to the bread for the sandwiches. I actually brought home two loaves of fresh made dessert bread and shared with my mom.  The chef actually got some off of the cooling rack and wrapped it up for me. I ate it the next day for breakfast with no butter or even heating it up--it was so delicious!
This is my friend, Alicia, and her baby girl, Olivia. I got to have a great visit with them a couple of weeks ago. 

Eli's first toys, given to us by Alicia and Olivia.
Olivia was really looking forward to having a special girlfriend to play with, but it turns out it will be a boyfriend. Her daddy has already told us that we will no longer be able to be friends when they get into their teens, but by then it will be too late, little Eli will already have her heart…or she may have his. Olivia is quite the flirt! And I already can imagine how precious we will think little Eli is!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Love the name Eli and little boys are very special....especially to their mommies! Can't wait for him to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet, sweet! I cannot wait to hold your little miracle!

    ReplyDelete