You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise: you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely…For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:1-3,13,16

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Update on Baby M

Although I still can't share too many details about the adoption, if you read what I previously posted about my friends (who I think I can officially say are Kelli and Danny) their adoption is going as smooth as can be expected.  They had a successful court appearance and paperwork was all signed and in their file! YAY! so their son is officially their son! The wierd thing is that until he can go home with them they aren't able to see him again...a few minor official things like passports and doctor visits have to happen before they are allowed to take him home.  While waiting, they are making the most of a really trying time and performing a service to the people who have cared for their son during his short life.  I am so proud to say that my friend and her husband have been performing eye examinations on all of the caretakers at the orphanage and as many others as they can.  She will also be sending or bringing back glasses for everyone that they find needs them.  What a special couple! I can hardly even explain how proud of them I am for using this opportunity not only to help the child they are adopting but also as many of his countrymen and women as is possible.  Please pray that they are able to bring their son home with them when their trip time ends, otherwise they will have to try to return for him when all of the formalities are final.  This would be undesirable for so many reasons, not the least of these is that a last minute flight from the US to Ethiopia is not cheap! and how can they leave the son they love so much when they are so close!  They and I thank you for your prayers and believe that God has lead them this far in their journey and will continue to bless.  Once again Please go to Kelli's blog on blogspot---fillingourtinygreenhouse.blogspot.com --she now calls it Meeting Maja as Filling our Tiny Green House was prior to their having a child or even knowing what that would be like---and they are now able to post pictures and talk much more in detail about their trip---She is hilarious and I laugh out loud sometimes at the things she says....I love that girl! and already have so much love in my heart for their precious boy- Maja!

No comments:

Post a Comment