You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise: you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely…For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:1-3,13,16

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Baby Brogden

Baby Brogden is growing and heart is beating away….we went to the doc last week and all was well. We get to go back in  about 2 weeks (3 weeks from appointment) to find out the sex! YAY! I can hardly wait!
We are very excited and I am ready to start the decorating as soon as we have the news. It's very surreal to think we will know soon ---something that will really change our life forever. I have been reading a lot. In addition, we have been really looking at our budget and, in particular, how I can avoid going back to work full time when Baby Brogden comes!  So far I am astounded at the things I am now willing to do without when I know the payoff.  I wanted this baby for so long that now I feel so unwilling to let these early days and weeks to pass by without being there.  I am not sure yet how that will all shake out and although I am not deluded enough to think that the office couldn't run without me, I do know that I am needed there and I will be unable to quit all-together because I am in many ways running the show---that's scary and no wonder I get so stressed.
    I am really seeing now how God's timing is perfect and while I felt ready a long time ago for this baby--we weren't ready at the office and we weren't ready here.  Our God is so much bigger and so far ahead in planning that we will never be able to understand or predict or confine Him to our little window of timing.  I am so thankful that I have a God who is the CREATOR and RULER of all of the Universe, not a wooden or golden idol or a statue, I worship a God who can't be contained or confined.  WOW!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!! Can't wait to hear what baby Brogden is! So glad things are going so well! And I'm with you on all the things I would sacrifice now to be able to spend as much time with Cala as possible! It's amazing! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete